How You Can Run a Wedding Invitation Business From Your Own Home



If you wish to learn how to run a wedding invitation business from home, relax knowing, there really are no secrets or magical formulas. All it requires is some creativity and a little hard work.

When I graduated from Stay-At-Home-Mom to Work-At-Home-Mom, I had two little ones at home and my hubby worked 6 days a week. So you can see why it turned out hard for me to find a job outside the home. In today's economy and employment situation, I would have been fortunate to get even a part-time job and the baby sitter salary alone would have consumed every cent I would have taken home. And with the strange working hours you get scheduled when you're just a part time worker, I knew my husband would never be home to babysit and if he was, he'd be too fatigued anyway.

After a little research into the Work-At-Home-Mom concepts that are everywhere online, I made the decision to try to run a wedding invitation business from home. It didn't seem that hard. The invitation supplier would provide me with all of the samples. And they also supplied business cards and order forms. And even a training DVD.

The entire process was pretty simple. I would speak with the customer, show her the samples and guide her to figure out the proper wording for her wedding invitations. Then all I had to do was collect an initial deposit and submit her order. The supplier even took care of packaging her wedding invitations with a nice box and a pretty bow. All I had to do was either deliver it or contact the bride so she could come to the house and pick it up. Even the paperwork was minimal since the supplier took care of the primary portion of it. I knew just how much to collect for the deposit and how much to get on delivery since the supplier had already set all of the prices.

My only problem, though, was, how was I going to be able to make time to go out and meet brides? When would I be able to sell?

Well, I'm pretty active in my church. And I knew my church was looking for someone who had a computer who could set up the weekly bulletins. So I contacted my pastor and volunteered my services if he would let me place an ad for my wedding invitation business in the bulletin every week. He was fine with that! He thought it was a great idea. He didn't have to pay me anything and I didn't have to pay him.

My neighbor has a limousine service and he's busy nearly every weekend with weddings. I was talking to him out in the yard one day and I told him I was getting my new little business all set up and he offered to promote my wedding invitations to the people who came to talk to him about his limo service. In exchange, I tell my clients about him.

I've made this arrangement all over town, with just about anyone that has something to do with weddings. This way, my name is passed around and I don't have to worry about leaving home to attend bridal fairs and other events. This is how to run a wedding invitation business from your own home and never have to worry about a babysitter again.